Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The car came back

Yes, my car was recovered, which means it was found abandoned in a parking lot by a mall out of town (Tukwila for those of you that know the area, across from South Center Mall). Of course the stereo was missng and the door lock is jacked up. they basically took everything they could, except they were too stupid to open the storage divider between the front seats, so they left the case for the stereo face and the Ipod fm transmiter. they did go to the trouble to take the car jack. Why would you want to steal a tiny ass car jack?

So now I have to wait for an insurance guy to come look it over and give me an estimate. Chances are it won't even be worth a settlement by te time I pay my deductable. Oh well..

On the plus side the editing buttons have returned to my posting window, which means I can add photos now.

5 comments:

Adam said...

Criminals are the brightest people.

Anonymous said...

You know, since I work for an insurance company, I wish I had some words of wisdom on how to get the most back from them...but alas, unless they can declare it a total loss...

Good luck!

K.

edluv said...

steal the car jack so you can break into the next car.

jeffrey ottem said...

Sorry to hear about your car. Both that it got stolen and that it came back.

And they steel the car jack so they can help old ladies stranded on the side of the road change tires that have blown and gone fat. they may be car thieves, but they have decent souls.

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Glad you got your car back... I think. Deductibles do suck, don't they?