Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Twitter

So here's the thing...I joined twitter about a month ago. I didn't really join to tweet anything, I figure blogging more than I can keep up with so why feel guilty about slacking on one more thing. I joined so that I can read other people's tweets, particularly some of the design and food aggregating websites I follow.

As a result I keep getting messages telling me that so and so is now following me, and it turns out that so and so is a company. Whats the deal here? Are people selling my info, or are other people watching the twitter accounts of some of these sites and then sending messages to people that join them? Is this a whole new area of marketing that I never knew about?

For those that are interested, I'm listed as aufgefallen. As I said, I don't really tweet things. I don't understand the codes that people use, and it makes me feel like an old man. Maybe I'll have @californiakara give me a lesson or two when she comes to visit.

If you know of any interesting people or sites I should follow let me know.

2 comments:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I too have a hard time with twitter. I see it as one more thing to do, and since I refuse to pay for internet and all that on our mobile phones, I don't see myself twittering about anything any time soon.

edluv said...

i find that with the iphone twitter is pretty easy and accessible.

i don't worry much about who follows me. i know that some people get spammed by these "followers" but i haven't had that happen.

some interesting sites for me:
stereogum
bbcnewsworld
cityoffresno
archop (who i saw send a rt of aiaseattle today)