Thursday, November 05, 2009

Family Dinner

I have to say, I almost didn't make it to the blogging today. To much food and wine... but I'm here.

Tonight we had a 'family' dinner, and we did it up right. It was a last minute idea Charlie and I decided on last night, but I think we pulled it off in style. Let me lay it out for you: We started with a full on classic cesear salad, made from the ground up including croutons, and dressing (with anchovies to keep it real) then moved on to the garlic bread with, wait for it, fresh butter made mere minutes beforehand. That's right, we make our own butter.

The main course was a duo of lasagna, one with italian sausage and one florentine (spinach) with bechamel. I have to admit that I bought the sausage, but everything else was made from scratch, including the pasta. We were like a bunch of old italian grandmothers slaving away in the kitchen, with the help of a bottle of red wine of course.
Here I am at the beginning, before the kitchen took on the look of a culinary train wreck.
Brendan on butter duty, with the help of modern technology.
The fruit of our labor...family dinner with good friends, tasty food, and plenty of conversation.

After dinner we adjourned to the family room to watch the latest episode of Project Runway. I don't know if anyone else as been watching, so I won't tell you who is in or out. I will say that tonight they went from 5 to the final 3 that will go on to fashion week. I think they made the right decisions for the most part, but the last of the three was a real toss-up.

FYI, today's Sesame Street character on Google was cookie monster. I'm waiting for Grover, and I'm hoping they find a way to do the Snuffaluffagus.

3 comments:

Kara DeFrias said...

Looks awesome! :-)

edluv said...

i think the decisions on runway were correct, especially factoring in overall talent and the breadth of the season.

Justin said...

I agree, over the breadth of the season these were the top 3. I think Irena will probably have the best final collection, but we'll see what some time and a larger budget can do for the other two.

My vote is for Carol Hannah becasue she is sweet and cute.