Thursday, March 19, 2009

early record purchases

As you may have noticed, I wasn't smart enough to read the banner I posted, which is why I was a month early on announcing Record Store day. Oh well, I bought a couple new cd's anyway.

I picked up the new M.Ward album, and have listened to it a couple times. I can't say I'm in love with it yet, but there are definitely a couple songs I'm digging. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find videos for them, so here's one from another album, perhaps my favorite M.Ward song, and a charming little video.



The other album is a bit of a surprise, Willie and the Wheel. I heard an interview/review on NPR the other day, and I was really digging the sound. It draws on old-time country swing, but infuses it with a hot jazz feeling. I've always appreciated Willie Nelson, and there are some of his songs that I really like, but I this is the first album I've bought. So far I'm really enjoying it. I have the office to myself and I intend to blast it for a good part of the day, toe tappin the whole time.

No comments: