Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm old!


Last night was a cruel reminder that I am getting old.

I went to dinner and a show with some friends, Bonnie Prince Billy, aka Will Oldham. The show started at 9:30, with two openers, which means he didn't go on until 11, which means he played untill past midnight, which means I wasn't home untill 1 ish. I was exhausted. The show was ok, but I all I could think was "one more song then I'm going to bed" I had to struggle not to yawn the whole time.

On the plus side, I met a cute girl, friend of a friend. I'm sure that nothing will come of it, but it's noteworthy regardless.


Heather posted about a church they went to for a wedding. The architect, Bernard Maybeck, was a fore-runner of arts and crafts on the west coast. We studied another of his churches, First Church of Christ in Berkeley. Maybeck designed this with Julia Morgan, the architect of Hearst Castle.






4 comments:

Adam said...

I've heard of that church in Berkeley now that you mention. I should go check it out some time I'm there.

Anonymous said...

Come on man, optimism!

In the words of Jefe from Three Amigos, "When you want cattle, you take the cattle. When you want food, you take the food. When you want a woman, you just take the woman."

Ask Becky, she knows all about it.

Anonymous said...

i am really digging these arts & crafts churches. the interior of this one is a little better, in my opinion.

Monticore said...

Dude Justin when will you learn, if you meet a cute girl, you gotta grab her "cave-man-style". i know you've been waiting for another "bookshop-stalker" but that's kinda a once in a lifetime moment.