Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow Day Part 2

The sky is clear and beautiful, which means the temperature has plummeted. The snow has turned into ice...

The roads are full of abandoned cars that slid off the roads. On the news they showed several jackknifed trucks, and one poor car that lost control and plowed into a state troopers car. Its bad enough to slide off the raod, worse still when you slide into a cop.

I'm going in late today (if at all) because the roads are icy everywhere. It is really hilly where I work, and I have to drive down a pretty steep slope to get to the office. I can just picture my car sliding straight down and over the edge. Unfortuantely my boss is taking a bunch of drawings to Nicaragua on thursday, and I have a lot of work to do before they are ready. I feel guilty sitting at home gazing out the window. It is so beautiful outside, sunny and clear. It doesn't seem right that it is actually dangerous to drive.

1 comment:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I have a really good friend in Vancouver WA, and she is sick of the icey stuff. I hope you got to work today safely. We were lucky to not have hardly any ice on the roads last winter. It was near eighty today... weird for November. I bet Seattle was beautiful