Saturday, October 14, 2006

Back to the world of posting

I promised it would happen, and now it has. First, let me start with a post that I wrote but never posted. It is a recap of my trip to Colorado.

I have returned to the land of clouds and a chance of drizzle, tho to be fair the weather hasn’t really switched over, it is still a pleasant Seattle summer.

Colorado was great, we did a lot although it never felt like we were running around. Still, beer and fishing can take a lot out of you. Let me take this opportunity to say that I have a great dislike for loud ass jet skis and the jackasses that don’t care if they are scaring off any chance of my beating Jay to the elusive catfish. REALLY, there is a whole lake to pollute with noise and oil, why do you have to circle in the cove we have chosen to fish in?

I finally made it to the Golden Bee, it was all that I hoped. Everyone knows that I am not a Karaoke’r, but this is different. For those unfamiliar, the Golden bee is a piano bar, and there are books of lyrics at the tables so that everyone can sing along. It was great fun, although I chose not to sing the Army, Air Force, and Marine anthems (it was family weekend at the academy). Jay and Becky are the greatest hosts, and I hope they had as much fun as I did.

Now its back home and back to work. I just went to the Library for some books on S. American architecture. We are designing a house in Nicaragua (sp?) and we want to incorporate the ideas of traditional homes without replicating them. It is a semi steep site, which presents its own challenges. I’ve also been working on a second floor addition to a house near the office.

I gave notice on my apartment, so it is official. I will be relocated by Oct 1, hopefully a bit sooner so I can clean, etc. Moving is a pain, but I am really looking forward to having room-mates again. Once I move I will work on posting regularly, hopefully something more interesting than these life-updates, something more infotaining.

(side note to adam: are you still listening to jazz? I’ve been trying to expand my collection thanks to the Seattle Public Library and the Ken Burns documentary Jazz. I’ve been listening to people like Coleman Hawkins and Fletcher Henderson. Are you interested in another CD or two? This time it may have to be a trade.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adam said...

I'm still working on it, though my collection is still limited. I've got three or four albums of stuff now.