Monday, January 23, 2006

No more TV for me

That's right, the TV has been unplugged. Not only has it been unplugged, it has been shoved under the bed. This quarter is starting of poorly as far as being productive with school work, so I figured it was time to bite the bullet because, quite frankly I don't have the will power to not watch TV when I get home. I figured it wasn't so bad when I'm coming home at 10 or 11, a bit of TV before bed. Problem is when I come home at 5 intending to study, but veg out instead. It may come back out at the end of the quarter, but then again maybe not. I only have 5 months of school left, I think I can make it that long.

In other news the car is back, thanks to some last minute financing from my generous parents who I'm sure are just as eager as I am for school to be over for a while. Thanks! Also I have a new cell phone since my old one was crapping out on me. I qualified for the new every two years thing, plus I got a discount for buying online, so it was practically free. Greatest part is it has a camera. Now if I could just figure out how to transfer the photos to the computer...

And finally, I just found out that my computer loan is being processed, so a new computer is in the cards. My old computer is also crapping out on me, and I have already spent 700 in repairs. Why is it that an acceptable life for a computer is around 5 years. Of course it doesn't help that my computer was yanked off a table onto a concrete floor a couple years ago. Fortunately Apple has developed a magnetic connection for the power cords now, so that when you don't realize the cord is wrapped around your foot you don't end up staring in dumb shock as a $2000 piece of equipment hurls to the floor.
`

6 comments:

edluv said...

oh justin, how dare you distance yourself from my shining god!

funny, i remember all your grandiose plans when we lived together about putting the tv on a rolling cart or other schemes to limit your tv viewing.

Justin said...

Yeah, at one point when I lived on Wishon it was in a cabinet with a padlock. That was when I was working on my application portfolio. It worked, for the most part.
I don't have it in a cabinet now, so I tried just unplugging the TV, since it is a pain to get to the powerstrip, but that didn't work because once I plugged it back in I didn't want to go through the hassle of unplugging it again. The motivation to plug it back in was stronger than re-unplugging it during a time when I shouldn't watch.

Unknown said...

What's the latest on your thesis? Can we read another snippet?

Justin said...

I am in the process of drafting a Thesis Proposal. I am supposed to have a rought draft fr my meeting on Thursday, so maybe I will post it after that.

timidvenus said...

i miss my friend justin.

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I find TV not to be my distraction during the day but same computer from which I'm supposed to be studying on . . . not sure how to get around that one.