Sunday, October 30, 2005

nothing much to say

I haven't posted lately because I haven't had much to say. But I realize how utterly dissapointed I am when I go to friends blogs only to find that they haven't posted in a while (I'm looking at you Johnson), so I figure I'll put up a bit of drivel.

Here's my question, when did it become unbelievable that a guy who has reached his 30's doesn't want to dress up for Halloween. Fact is I haven't been excited about halloween for ages. I don't like dressing up, and I don't remember getting hasseled for it (with the exception of a girlfriend several years ago). Maybe it's because I'm in school again, but I keep getting shit about not wanting to go to costume parties. And the more I get hassled the more resolute I become.

On another not, related to the anti-SUV pro hybrid questionable public transportation debate on Adam's site, what happens to a Hybrid when the battery goes dead. I know what happens to an SUV. When the connection to the negative post is loose the battery doesn't get current from the alternator and the car refuses to start. Fortunately I have a stick, so I could get a push start. Of course I then proceeded to leave the headlights on and suck the thing dry. I think that given the abuse the battery has gone through since this summer, it should be replaced. Hopefully that will solve some of my car troubles. But seriously, what happens when a hybrid battery goes out. Does it cost hundreds of dollars to replace?

4 comments:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Don't fret. I can't remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween. As a kid, we couldn't affort extravagant costumes so to make myself feel better about the situation, I became anti-Halloween. So keep up the fight and go against the flow - DON'T dress up.


Plus, I have lots of homework and I can't go out to play.

edluv said...

don't feel bad about not bloggginggg frequently. i'm @ a slow spot right now. in talking w/steve, he was saying how he gave up more or less because he just didn't want to put up lame posts about nothing. so, take your time, post regular enough, and we'll keep reading.

first question. i don't know when, but it seems like older people didn't used to have to live like eternal kids and dress up. maybe it's the baby boomers fault (everything is) because they didn't grow up fast enough. so, or maybe it's our generation that wants to hang on to kid stuff. and keep dressing up. granted, i've been giving tim and adam crap constantly about not dressing up. really, it's more playful than anything else for me. if they don't dress up, that's fine. my costume involves my own clothes, a fake moustache, and a list of my bad karma. so, i'm not getting that far out there.

(sub-question to this: girlfriend several years ago? you've been holding this one close to the vest)

2. it depends on your hybrid. the civic will run on the gas engine alone. i think you still have to replace the battery, and this problem is allegedly less frequent among new hybrids. we still took the warranty out on the battery, just in case. if you have the prius (toyota filth...i must now clean my keyboard) you're just screwed. it can't work without the battery assist. but yes, with both, if your big battery pack fails it's going to cost you some fat $. if your regular battery dies it's not a problem.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I won't post because I feel like I don't have anything to say or I can't make what I want to say sound brilliant. In the end I realize that it doesn't matter. I like this whole blod thing, because it brings together the lives of people scattered all over the place. It makes a big world small. So in the end post about life. For myself I enjoy reading all of my friends blogs, even if they write about what they did that day. Maybe I need to get a life, but it is nice to share everyone's lives. So feel free to post any and all stuff. We love to read it and it can be mundane or deep.

Adam said...

See my post on Ed's blog for my feelings on dressing up.