Tuesday, September 15, 2009

stage c: interlude

The girl in the office next door told me that I should do something I couldn't normally do at work. Of course my first thought was to work in just my underwear, but I'm modest by nature and the dinning room has a large bank of windows. I decided to wear clothes and take advantage of the kitchen instead.
As the weather starts to turn, there has been a lot of talk about soup, and the basis for any great soup is a great stock. I keep a ziplock in the freezer to gather vegetable trimmings, and all I needed to do was throw it in a pot (with an extra onion) of water and check on it every once in a while. Tonight I think I'll make a black bean soup.

entertainment:

and what does one listen to while working alone at home. For things like model making, where it is important not to get too worked up, I try to avoid the type of music that I would like to listen to in the office but don't. For example, its hard not to start bumping the head while listening to Girl Talk (going to the show this weekend), which doesn't lend itself to cutting straight lines.

Instead I listen to such fascinating things as a recent interview with Fresno singer/songwriter Abigail Nolte, the latest episodes of This American Life, and an audiobook about Roald Dahl's time in the British Secret Service doing propaganda and spy work in Washington.

No comments: