Sunday, September 06, 2009

Adam knows, Adam understands

Oh the frustration!!!

Given the crappy weather, I decided to spend the day in the basement. One the my activities was to make a picture frame. I started running some wood through the table saw, and I couldn't figure out why it was tearing the crap out of the wood.

wait a minute....as I was cleaning off the saw I noticed a piece of wood with some nail remnants...

yes, someone decided to cut through some nails with my finish blade.
The iphone doesn't take very good close-ups, but you can see the piece of wood with some finely trimmed nails.
you can also see that several of the teeth are rounded over and bent...nice!

The blade is from Home Depot, so it's not as if it was super expensive, but that's not the point! There are other things I would like to spend $20 bucks on, but more important is the idea that tools should not be abused like this. I have a reciprocating saw with blades that are meant to cut through metal...it was sitting on the workbench next to the table saw!

Lesson learned, always take the good blade off the saw and put the crappy rough cut on. At least that way if someone destroys it, I can still do some decent work.

2 comments:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Well, I'm not Adam, so I certainly don't understand as well as him. However, this reminds me of the time somebody used my good kitchen tea towel as a dusting rag.

What a shame.

Adam said...

Holy shit that blows!

Three nails in a row and they ripped the carbide right off. How do they not report this to you or admit it? Sheesh.