Sunday, October 12, 2008

Called out

I've been called out by Ed for not posting since my return trip to Fresno. Of course I had yet to see the latest episode of The View Looks Good From Here Fresno (with yours truly as guest), but now that it's up, I guess I have to step up.

I guess that leads into the first update, I had a brief visit to Fresno. The occasion was my Mom's birthday, but that was really just an excuse. I try to get home at least once every summer, but it hadn't happened yet this year. I had a great time hanging out with friends and family, and it's given me some food for thought.

It was a busy and stressful week once I got back to town, culminating in 8 hours in the office today (Sunday.) I don't usually have to work on the weekends, but I had way more to do than I had time to do it in. This is my first time running a project of this size, and I've had a hard time getting everything finished. I decided it would make life much less stressful in the long run if I went in today and tried to finish up as much as possible. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have everything finished (interior drawings and details) so that all I have to do in the future is check up on the project once a week and answer questions as they arise.

Of course not all is stress and work. On Saturday we drove to Maltby for breakfast and to Snohomish to a corn maze. Juli and Andy joined us, which was great because I hadn't seen them in a long time. The maze was fantastic, much better than the one we went through last year. I forgot to time how long it took, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least 30-45 minutes.
Juli, Liz and Andy foolishly following my lead through the maze. We had split off from Jeff, Matt and Carly. Eventually we found Jeff and Carly, only to lose Carly again. Matt went off on his own and hasn't been seen since. Kidding, he eventually found the way out about 10 minutes after the rest of us.

CORN!

3 comments:

Adam said...

Sweet, Ed called you out, but I beat him to the first comment on your newest post. Ha HA!

edluv said...

but i posted the tvlgfhf episode.

timidvenus said...

i miss you, fyi