Monday, September 17, 2007

I couldn't return to posting without something exciting to post, and here it is! I finally got to take a trip to Canada on a float plane.

After spending half a day at the airport (no complaints here, we were in the "board room" lounge for gold club/1st class with complimentary muffins and a passable bloody mary) Horizon canceled our flight. My boss and I were waiting for a plane when Horizon decided to ground all of the Q400's in the fleet because of the landing gear failure in the Netherlands. So back to the office, disappointed. But then the silver lining, our clients float plane was available, so the next day (after a fog delay) we took off. It was a blast.

And as the summer came to a close I also squeezed in one other goal, a bike ride out to Redhook Brewery in Woodenville. My friend Kristina and I made the trip out in a little over 2 hours. Kristina deserves credit for doing it on an old Schwinn in sandals, unlike all the "hardcore" bikers in spandex and clip on shoe pedal things. Chumps!

Other than that, I've been trying to fall in love with riding the bus to work, but the fact that it adds about 1hr20 extra to my round trip has taken a toll. I would probably give up on it if I weren't afraid of my car falling to pieces on the freeway, if the freeway weren't about to close for renovation, and if the defroster worked.

Last but not least, my kitchen is now home to a food processor and a manual pasta machine. Now that the weather is turning I've been harvesting everything from the garden for sauce and ravioli filling.

Not bad for a summer

4 comments:

Kara DeFrias said...

Yay! You're back! :-)

edluv said...

ooh, complimentary muffins. you high roller.

good to have you back.

Adam said...

Hey, welcome back. I would love to go on a plane ride like that, sounds awesome. Did you get any aerial shots?

Justin said...

Thanks, good to be back.