Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Pi Day



I must say that I am a bit surprised that none of the more, shall we say geeky (in a good way) among you has not mentioned that today is Pi-day. I found the cake above posted at Tastespotting.com which is one of my favorite new must check websites.



I was at the bookstore this morning getting some supplies for work, so I did a bit of childrens book shopping (niece's birthday this weekend). I was excited to see that they have reissued Anatole, by Eve Titus. It is about a mouse who feels guilty about stealing food, so he decides to earn a living by sneaking into a cheese factory (the Manufacture de Fromage Duval) and taste the cheese, leaving little notes like more salt, or add more grated orange peel. I remember that this was one of my favorite books at some point, although I seem to have lost it and nobody in my family knows what I'm talking about when I ask if they know what happened to it. It's like they don't want me to remember it....like I never actually owned it and just imagined the whole thing.... suspicious!
Well I now own it again. Yes I bought a couple books for my niece as well, but this one is staying on my shelves.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Sounds like a cute story. How does it all end though?

Monticore said...

I heard it was PI day but I'm not one to celebrate this holiday since it requires either a much High IQ or Autism

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh...I totally hearted Anatole as a child!