Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Home for the Holidays

I will be in Fresno on Weds Dec 21, untill the morning of the 31st. Are there any plans in the works? Any word about others coming to town (Johnsons or the Jay)? Maybe we could do a potluck or something.

Also, I will add congratulations to my home state for soundly defeating all of Arnold's bills. Given the way elections are going around the country there may be hope for 2008. Things are not as clear cut here. The liberal, tolerant voters in Seattle have approved a law banning smoking within 20 feet of any door or window. Now I'm not a smoker, but this is rediculous. Wat it means is that people can't even go outside a bar to smoke without being twenty feet away. In busy areas where the street is lined with bars and restaurants, that means walking into the middle of the street. Ans it doesn't help to add patios, because few places have enough room to build farther than 20 away from the building. It is a stupid law that I'm sure will end up in court. Stupid passive agressive Seattle.

6 comments:

edluv said...

i'll wait for the official word, but i think the johnsons will be back here @ xmas time.

if we keep buggering the jay maybe he'll come too. (now that's an awesome sentence.)

that is a stupid law. i understand they're trying to prevent people from smoking in entryways, and having the smoke drift in, but that's a bit excessive.

Adam said...

Seriously, why not just make it seven feet?

I believe the Johnsons are coming home for Christmas as well, but if I'm right, I've also forgotten the date last heard.

I also believe that Jay has been harangued about not coming to Fresno for some time. I see him cracking in the foreseeable future what with all that Fresno has to offer.

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Malisa, Emily, and I will be in the central valley from Dec. 17 to about the 30th. I'm not sure how many days we'll be in Fresno but we want to have some kind of get together.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Widlund's have been absent for to long, but we will be in town Dec 14 - 29. I'd love to see you Justin as well as those crazy Johnson's.

On the smoking thing. Very silly and I wonder how they would enforce it. Maybe the can paint a big red line down the street indicating the no-smoking boundary.

Unknown said...

I'm thinking of coming on, er, to Fresno sometime different. I'm going to Germany Xmas-NewYears.

Oh yeah, don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

If they made it seven feet, even if I'm inside, my wang might still get smoky. Make it ten. mwah ha ha.

Justin, you can delete this-- I won't be offended.

timidvenus said...

i am so disapointed that i wasnt asked about? dont you miss your friend, sara?!