Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's On!

The ARE studying has begun! I have sorted the exam study guides, arranged the flashcards, and decided on a test taking order. All that was needed was motivation.

I present motivation:
Jeff and I made a bet that whoever finishes first, gets a bottle of Jonnie Walker Blue Label. Now he pretends to be studying at every opportunity, so I need to get a move on. I had Friday off work, so I wandered down to a coffee shop to dive in. So far so good. Anticipated completion date is August 2, although ideally it will be sooner since that gives a full four weeks for each of the seven exams. My goal is to do three weeks per, with some time off between.

4 comments:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Good luck and study hard! And what fabulous motivation! :) August 2 will be here sooner than we know it!

edluv said...

get some.

carly said...

I wish I liked Scotch and could get in on that bet because I have NO motivation.....
What test order did you choose? I am trying to decide.

Justin said...

I'm having a hard time deciding on the order. I need to just bite the bullet and schedule, so that the order is decided for me.

My current plan:
Construction Docs and Services
Programing, Planning and Practice
Site Planning and Design
Structural Systems
Building Systems
Schematic Design

I'm sort of studying for the first three together at the moment.