Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wedding Reading

This will be the last post about the wedding...

I thought I would share the passage I was asked to read. It has been ages since I read Catcher in the Rye, so I was a little surprised that they would include a passage from a book known mainly for being banned in schools around the country.

This is an edited version, and I can't find my copy so you'll have to search yourself if you are interested in the context and the omitted cursing.

"I held hands with her all the time, for instance.
That doesn't sound like much, I realize, but she was terrific to hold hands with.
Most girls if you hold hands with them, their hand dies on you,
or else they think they have to keep moving their hand all the time,
as if they were afraid they'd bore you or something.

Jane was different.

We'd get into a movie or something,
and right away we'd start holding hands,
and we wouldn't quit till the movie was over.
And without changing position or making a big deal out of it.

You never even worried with Jane,
whether your hand was sweaty or not.
All you knew was, you were happy.
You really were."

2 comments:

Adam said...

It all looks like it was pretty cool and sounds like it was fun.

I like that reading very much too.

Kara DeFrias said...

Great reading. Where's the pics of the suit?