Monday, August 10, 2009

Biking fun, and biking WRONG!

This weekend Seattle played host to the Fat Tire "Tour de Fat" We arrived just in time to get swept up into the front of the ride. Lucky for us that is where one of the two or three bike stereos were. Nothing goes better with a group ride as a wide ranging mix of good tunes.
It was also a good place to check out a couple interesting rides...
The shoe bike was part of a funky bike area where you could test out all sorts of bike concoctions.
The ride ended around noon, which was too early for the beer and bands to really seem worth while, so we ditched out on the rest of the event.

I headed down to the library in Ballard, and when I came out I discovered that some jackass managed to lock my bike up to his. I stood around for about ten minutes, then walked around for about half an hour, and my bike was still held hostage. What to do? Retire to a bar for some Gumbo and a beer of course. I gave it an hour or so and fortunately the jackass had left and my bike was free.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Quelles faux pas! Le velo est l'espirit d'independence pour l'homee urbain. Il n'y a pas de mots pour cette crime.

duble-u said...

what a great idea! i think i may have to invest in a large number of bike locks.