Friday, October 05, 2007

The Box of Bounty

I finally signed the house up for a CSA (Pioneer Organics), and the first delivery came yesterday. The great thing is that I forgot it was coming, so it was a happy little surprise sitting on my doorstep.
Oh wait, that was my Red Lobster Love Child...


Here's the box, very utilitarian...


And the produce, artfully arranged on the dining room table... I started with the small box, but I feel safe in stepping it up a size or two.


I was particularly fond of this little guy. It doesn't come across so well in the photo, but this is one charming bell pepper.

So what have I made with the harvest? Nothing, yet. But the weekend is upon us, and I fancy a curry....

4 comments:

Adam said...

That pepper looks delicious.

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

And wouldn't the Red Lobster love child be like, 5 or so? I still think this kid really does exist. Poor Red Lobster lady.

Kara DeFrias said...

Okay, once again you've inspired me. I did a little Googling and found a CSA in San Diego that's about five miles from our place in Solana Beach. We close on the house in Philly October 30, our new lease starts November 5 at the beach, and our first CSA delivery should be on November 14th. Yay! :-)

Kara DeFrias said...

How's the CSA going?