Friday, July 28, 2006

Minor Update

Ok, so apparently the last post went through, so now I'm doing an update to the links. I have added my friend Jeff who is studying in Norway for the next 9 months. I am jealous, but he has had to cut out beer and meat because everything is soo expensive in Norway, so I can't say that I am 100% jealous.

But on that topic, I am trying to cut down on the beer and meat. Some of you may have noticed that the last couple years of grad school have not been to kind to my previously svelte physique, so I am trying to cut the portion sizes, eat more seafood, and exersice more. I don't own a scale, but I feel better already so I guess that counts for something.



Now in the spirit of Mr Wall, I'm going to bitch a bit.

Why do landlords not write information on the for rent sign? Tell me how many bedrooms, how many square feet, and the cost. That way I don't have to call and bother you if it isn't what I'm looking for. And when I call, call back!! I've been talking with friends that are also hunting, and the consensus is that if you call 15 numbers, one or two will call you back. But the for rent signs stay up, so its not that the places have rented out. I don't understand.


Thank you, have a good day.

ps, why will blogger not let me upload images?

4 comments:

edluv said...

i had another friend recently looking for a place. most of the fresno stuff would tell you what they offered, and maybe the price. but, he also had a ton of places never return his call.

lame.

i also see the same thing apply with autos. you've got the for sale sign in your window. it has your number. why not put the asking price, as that's probably going to be my first question.

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Now I want to make sure I leave out my landlord from the Vassar house, but EVERYBODY else in Fresno that I contacted regarding an apt. seemed to be from the looney bin. That of course, was out of those who called me back.

And now that I think about all the apartment situations my friends and I had in Fresno, I recall "bob." Remember him Justin? I hope you don't have a landlord like that freakazoid. Good luck, and I am glad to see what you are up to!
-Malisa (not Scott)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear things are a little rough right now. How's the job though? Are you enjoying what you're doing?

Monticore said...

I've found that it is very challenging to deal with excessive weight when one has been excessively thin all their life.