Tuesday, February 07, 2006

paper time

Sorry there hasn't been much posting from me, and sorry that I haven't made a cd for Adam like I promised. The last week has been pretty crazy, as in busy, not spaceships flying pigs and the like. I've been trying to write a position paper for my ethics class, and it's turning out to be a critique of my program. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is necessarily the smartest thing to turn in. I've been trying to avoid directly discussing the ethics class, and my critique isn't slamming the department. Really it's just on comment on how the curriculum isn't as integrated as it could be, particularly concerning ethics and other non-technical aspects of architecture, with the possible exception of urban planning.

I'm sure non of you give a rip about this, but it is taking up much of my brain power lately. I think it is helping me lay the groundwork for my thesis, providing a rational for why I think what I am doing is important. Now if only I could finish this paper so that I can integrate some of it into my thesis proposal.


I figured I should include a picture, so here you go. This is some sort of 3-D extrusion of the Mandelbrot Set, the basis of fractals. Steve and I were talking about them over Christmas. Thats all, nothing to do with my research, just think they are fascinating.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Interesting. I've found fractals to be pretty intriguing. Some sort of transition from the fractal to a circle. Curious.

edluv said...

what, no gay cartoon character? no true hair color? just some thing about what's going on in your life? what sort of crap is that?

Justin said...

I responded on Jays that my gay cartoon character was bert and ernie, although the first time I got peppermint patty as well.