Sunday, February 21, 2010

Early Spring

It has been beautiful round these parts. The good news is that I was finally able to get out into the yard and start prepping for the coming garden season, which means killing more lawn.


I put down some compost nutrients, a couple bags of compost, some newspaper, a layer of cardboard, and topped it off with a layer of burlap coffee sacks. I should have done this before the start of winter so that the lawn completely broke down... but here we are at the end of Feb. Hopefully it will at least kill the lawn and start breaking down the root system so that I can pull it up in May. It will triple the size of the garden to about 120sf.

The bad news is that I spent a lot of time sitting on the porch reading, or walking around in the sunshine, and very little time studying for my upcoming exams. I'm definitely going to have a hard time come summer. I'm going to have to be pretty disciplined about studying during the week, because I know weekends will be hard to stay indoors.

No comments: