Friday, October 30, 2009

October

I was pretty lax on the posting this month. I did compile some stuff for a couple non-personal posts, but I'm too lazy to get to those. Here is a quick glance at the last couple weeks in my world.

New computer at work, now with two screens. This may not sound that exciting, but it's much faster and the second screen helps a lot when I'm doing graphic work. Sadly work is a bit of a GO-STOP-GO-STOP at the moment. Hopefully we will sign a contract to continue work soon, but for now I'm taking Friday's off. (the desktop image is from the Kitsune Noir Desktop Wallpaper Project)

Corn maze! This one was 12 acres, and shaped like the state of Washington. All of the paths were labeled like the highway/freeway system. That makes it pretty easy to navigate if you know the roads. The challenge came in trying to complete the scavanger hunt that sends you to different cities. The photo is our group crossing the Tacoma Narrows bridge, nicknamed Galloping Gertie because of it' spectacular collapse.

We did a "best of the shitty beers" blind taste test. The contenders were Olympia, PBR, MGD, Coors Banquet, Budweiser, Kokanee, Ranier, and High Life. I know it's an incomplete list, but we could only do so many, and this represents the various backgrounds of the tasters. The winner was Kokanee.

I've been trying my hand at the sewing machine, left in my care when Liz ran off to Japan.

This was my first attempt at a bicycle hat. I like the shape, but it's a little small. Maybe someone might like it. It's brown tweed. Heather?
My second attempt is for Halloween. If I can get it together, I'm going as Sherlock Holmes. This is a bicycle hat version of a Deerstalker.
(a bit of trivia- Sherlock Holmes is never actually described wearing a deerstalker hat. In two or three stories he wears a traveling hat with flaps, but it isn't nessesarily a deerstalker. Most people think of it as part of his daily attire, but he is described as being very fashionable, and no fashionable gentleman would wear a hat like this in the city, only when in the country hunting. The illustrations from the original stories did occasionally depict him in a deerstalker. He was also a cocaine and heroin addict.)

Misc:
There is a tilt-shift app for the iphone now.
I signed up for Twitter. I don't actually tweet stuff, but several of the websites and blogs that I follow do, and there were a couple Seattle food twitterers (what is the plural) that I was interested in. If you know of any random interesting Twitter things, let me know. If you twitter, let me know.

2 comments:

m.wise said...

you know ed is going to give you a hard time when he sees that his beloved high life was in your best of the shitty beers contest (and it didn't even win).

edluv said...

damn it mike, i was going to mention how i was insulted that the champagne of beers was in that contest.

did you know there is a photoshop mobile app for the iphone (and it's free)?