Thursday, May 28, 2009

Progress (with a nod to ed)

I can check one thing off my list!

Today I rode to work in 47 minutes. I brought a clean shirt to change into, and I don't think I stunk the place up too much, so I may try to make it a weekly thing in addition to taking my bike on the bus. On the ride in I even got a compliment on my bike. Every once in a while people that seem to know what they are talking about tell me that I have a nice frame (Bridgestone X0-5) and I'm not sure what to say. I don't really know much about bikes or what makes a good frame. I bought this off Craigslist because my roomate said it was a good bike. According to the inter-webs is is the most idiosynratic of the xo series, the xo-1 being a cult favorite. It works for me.

One of the reasons I enjoy riding so much is the beautiful scenery. These pictures were taken on the bridge crossing Lake Union from Queen Anne to Wallingford (my neighborhood) near the end of my ride home yesterday.

View north towards my house
View south towards Capital Hill with downtown and Mt Rainier in the background.

No comments: