Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday

(Below was also posted as a comment to the last post)

The computer is wiggin, I think it might be a problemwith the wireless card.

The Rudy Weibe book is called Sweetr than all the world. I haven't started it yet. My recent hike at the base of mt baker (a volcano) inspired me to re-read Kerouac's Darma Bums. At one point I found that book vry meaningful, although on re-reading I can't see why. Maybe the insights are in the second half.

As for the Kayak, I'm not looking for white water, more the touring around the lake and mayb into Puget sound type. Something with a couple storage compartments and a rudder. a recreational/day touring affair. maybe a hybrid. But beggars can' be choosers....

Have I told you how much I love the library? I am using theier computer and internet at the moment. Also I picked up a couple moe DVD's and a few books I had requsted. Public library rocks!

If someone knows how to make a sidebar thing to put on the side of the page,I want to put together an on-going list of books. I'm stealing the idea from Nick Hornby, who has a column in Believer where he lists the books he bght that month, and what he has read. The column is usually a review of one of the ones he read (rather than the un-reads, which ouldn' make sense).

5 comments:

Adam said...

Do you want pictures of the books and such? You could do a really simple list where you just make links in the sidebar to Amazon pages of each you book you recommend. That's what I generally do when I link a book, just make the title a one-click jump to Amazon.

jeffrey ottem said...

Also, if you want pictures, you can upload then as if you are going to post them to a page. (Upload them as "small" and then cut and paste the code for each image into a text editor (word works because you are simply cutting and pasting) Then, since that image is now host at blogger, you can paste that code into your template in the side bar and the image will appeared there. You can further link that image to a page like Amazon or Powel's. I would, however, look into their partner programs (Powel’s is pretty generous) to make a little skin.

Monticore said...

hey, my blog moved.

craptanisty.blogspot.com

now

edluv said...

oops, that's

craptanistyland.blogspot.com

edluv said...

i'll chalk up your no post in a month to compooter problems.

if not, we're breakin your index fingers and will chalk future delays up to that.